Time to upgrade from Regulated Mods to Full Mechs?
Here are a couple of points you have to check.
- Make sure to have an authentic battery. Use only reputable brands like LG, Samsung or SONY
- Check the battery rating, Should be capable of 20A continuous discharge rate.
- For Parallel or Series Mech mods use only “Married” Batteries preferably brand new
- Never buy clones
Looking for the vapor mods that are best in its class? Look no further, below is a list of the Best Mechanical Mods from the first quarter to the second quarter of 2019.
The year 2019 has been a big year for the Vaping industry in general, we have seen lots of innovation in both design and functionality. Particularly so in the regulated mod scene. But when it comes to quality, durability and power delivery, nothing beats the Full Mechs. We will cover the difference between Regulated and Full mech mods in a separate post as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
Here is the list of the Top 10 Best Full Mech Mods in the Market Today. The list is based on the number of sales, positive feedback, build quality and overall performance of the mod from the data gathered thru our research and www.theserialvapist.com.
We regularly update this content so please check it from time to time for the latest and greatest mech mods in the market!
Top 10 Best Mech Mods
9. Guti V2 Parallel – It’s been a while since we have seen a Mod made by Optimum Mods but never doubt when I tell you, these guys are masters of their crafts! The Guti V2 Parallel is a solidly built mod that delivers both battery endurance and superb power.
8. Nookie V4 – The Nookie V4 by VapeBreed Philippines is one of the strongest contender in this list. A hard-hitting mod with both the beginner and the enthusiast in mind. It’s innovative built-in Booster Kit gives the user freedom to grow with his mod. This mod allows you to start slow from the beginning, learning the ropes first of full mechanical dual parallel box and then when you are ready allows you to upgrade to the full power of a quad battery para series setup!
7. Cutlass – Uncle Bruce Mods created a masterpiece here by going back to the basics of no-nonsense design of the previous generation of mech mods. Allowing for a compact powerhouse of a mod.
6. M4H1 – This mod looks like it was inspired by the M4 Carbine with its sleek body shape down to its included drip tip and beauty ring. A killer compact design with an equally awesome power delivery in one package.
5. UDG V Series – Another entry from MCM mods is the venerable UDG Series Mod, now on its fifth iteration is still setting standards on what a proper series mod can and should do in terms of practicality, design and no-nonsense power.
4. Gatus Tube – The Gatus tube offers a very distinct design that only Levi and his product lineup in Gatub Mods have. It’s artistic approach to mod crafting is in another lever and deserves a lot of appreciation. No compromises when it comes to materials and Gatub Mods are practically impossible to clone given the attention to detail these mods have.
3. Empire Mod – The Empire Mod still deserves a spot on our list. The project of Vape Mythology Works and SOB Philippines. This is Lando’s last work. His legacy lives on thru these masterfully crafted mods. Superb durability and power delivery and a compact sleek design. A true combination of the design languages of VMW and SOB.
2. Desolator V2 – This mod is a massive update from the previous Desolator. From the upgraded switch to the deeper engraving to the wide range of battery sizes that it can accommodate 18650-21700. Its leaps and bounds ahead of the V1, not to mention the killer design deeply engraved on the body. Truly an awesome value.
1. Revolver V2 – Now this is a surprise! Despite being launched almost two years ago nothing released since then matched the audacity and radicalness of this mod’s design. This is still a very good mod that could match even the new generation of Mechs in terms of performance. Truly a testament to its maker GI Mods and the timelessness and durability of his design.
What is a Mechanical Mod?
Mechanical Mods are the earliest for of Electronic Cigarette “Mods”. These mods came about due to the need for more powerful devices other than the early forms of E Cigarettes. Mechanical Mods are designed to deliver raw power from the batteries and doesn’t have any regulating chip or circuitry contributing to its durability and powerful vape experience.
Having said that, Mechanical mods are not for those who are just starting out. Using these types of mods requires knowledge of Ohm’s law , coil building, battery handling and overall safety precautions that comes when using any type of vaping devices.
A more appropriate starting point for newbie vapers would be the Regulated mod which has an extra layer of safety feature due to it having a control chip.
Using a mechanical mod gives you the freedom to completely customize your vaping experience, you do this by building your own coil down to the resistance that you like and of course up to but not beyond what the battery can handle.
There are a few parts to a mechanical mod:
Usually made of Delrin or Metals such as Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Silver. Some even have wood, stabilized wood, resin, and hybrid wood and resin. This houses the batteries.
Usually made of Copper or Silver Plated Copper
Underneath the device, often in the form of a twist cap used to tighten the batteries and also serve as the negative contact part. Usually made of Copper, Brass, Silver or Silver Plated Copper.
Button or Switch
Spring loaded button that acts as a switch to complete the circuit. Can be placed on top, on the side even at the bottom of the mod.
Built into the top part where the Atomizer sits, it is a threaded portion of the mod with a protruding pin designed to make contact with the pin on the bottom of your atomizer.
A “Hybrid” or Hybrid 510 is a type of a threaded connection but with a noticeable absence of the protruding pin from the mod. This type of connection instead relies on the 510 pin on your atomizer to make direct contact to the positive part of your battery.
Using a mod with a Hybrid connection reduces voltage drop but will require you to use an atomizer designed to be used for a hybrid. You will know if your atomizer is safe to use on a hybrid if you see a noticeable protrusion of the 510 pin.
I cannot stress enough the importance to know first if your atomizer is compatible for use with a hybrid.
Most Philippine Made RDA’s are compatible as it is a standard here to use a protruding 510 pin for all the atomizers. Although some brands are not, so it is still helpful to do your research first if your atomizer is safe to use in a hybrid mech mod.
Mechanical Mod Configurations:
This configuration uses two batteries in Parallel connection. Doubles the capacity of the mod for endurance with the same 4.2v output. Recommended for vapers starting out on Mech Mods.
This configuration uses two batteries is Series connection. This Doubles the output 4.2 v+ 4.2v = 8.4v sacrificing endurance for raw power. This provides a dense powerful vape but requires a specialized build with higher resistance.
Single Battery configuration is one of the most common configurations in mech mods. Usually found on mech tubes and single battery boxes it has the advantage of being compact and handy versus the usual box mod.
For the most extreme of vapers out there, this configurations uses both the parallel and series configurations. Doubling both the Power Capacity and Power Delivery usually in a four battery stacked layout. Requires a lot of knowledge in building coils and Ohm’s Law.
Are Mechanical Mods Right for you?
The Mechanical Mod Vape Device requires an intermediate to a high level of knowledge in vaping and is not intended for beginners. Beginners should start off using Regulated mods first and learn every safety precautions from there before moving on to Mechanical Mods.
What Mechanical mods represent is a next-level step up from the Regulated Devices. This is for those who cannot seem to find satisfaction vaping on Regulated mods and wants something else.
Mechanical Mods requires you to learn all the safety precautions by heart but it will reward you with a very satisfying vaping experience.
Mechanical Mods F.A.Q
Are Mechanical Mods Safe?
For the informed user, the answer is YES! Keep in mind that Mechanical Mods require extra attention from the user in terms of maintenance. These mods lasts a lifetime but they will require cleaning and proper inspection once in a while to keep them performing at their best.
Do they explode?
Yes, improper use of these devices may lead to battery failing and eventually venting. All devices that has a battery has a potential to explode including your smartphone or even a regulated vaping device.
What causes them to explode?
The most common culprit is the improper handling of the batteries. All batteries that goes into your device whether its a regulated mod or a mechanical mod needs to be inspected for tears or leakage. Second is a bad coil build and an incomplete knowledge of Ohms law. If you are uncomfortable building your own coils, have somebody with experience build them for you and don’t forget to measure the coils resistance using an ohm meter.
How can you prevent your mod from exploding?
Always inspect your mod and your batteries regularly. For the Mechanical Mod, make sure to always clean the contact points, the body and the internals with proper cleaning tools.
For the Battery check for tears in the battery body and terminals, have them re wrapped if you see any damage.
Never build your coils beyond your batteries specific capacity. Check the specific rating for your battery and build your coils with the resistance that’s appropriate for its rating.
How do I clean my Mechanical Mod?
Cleaning and maintaining your mod is essential for safe operation and an enjoyable vaping experience.
Clean the contact points and the internals thoroughly, these can be done with a simple dish washing soap and water, be mindful not to use acidic cleaning agents with silver plated internals. Let every thing dry before re assembling.
For Brass, Copper and Stainless Steel parts, use a soft cloth and metal polish to bring back that shine.
For Wood or Stabilized wood, refer to the modder as to how to properly clean them as normal cleaning methods may degrade the wood over time.
Do Mechanical Mods hit harder than Regulated Mods?
It can be said that Yes they do, due to very minimal voltage drop from your battery to your atomizer to your coil as Mechanical Mods do not rely on chips and other circuitry. Also the contacts in a mechanical mod typically is more well built and is made from solid copper, brass or even silver. This maybe subjective as other people might not feel the difference.
How Durable are the Mechanical Mods?
If I have to pick one advantage of the Mechanical Mod over the Regulated Mods it is their Durability. These devices lasts very long as they do not rely on any electronic chip that can give out at any moment. But as always proper maintenance is key.
Can I use a Tank with my Mechanical Mod?
Yes, just keep in mind that when using a Hybrid Mechanical Mod, your tank has to have a protruding 510 pin.
How to Safely Use a Mechanical Mod?
Always do proper inspection of all the components before using any Mechanical Mod. Always check the contacts of the mod, the insulation both in the mod if it has it and in the atomizer. Pay special attention to the batteries. Inspect the body for any tears and leaks, the terminals for any damage, know the rating of your battery and build accordingly never exceeding its maximum capacity and you will enjoy vaping any mechanical mod safely.